New in v1.x
- Offers integration with Search from Drupal core. Autocompletion can be set to:
- Search Page content search form
- Search Block form
- Theme Search Form (no more existing in Drupal 7).
- Suggestions come from the search_index table. In other words, it can be any word appearing in your content.
- Autocompletion is made through Drupal Form API capacities (misc/autocomplete.js), in other words it enables the Drupal core autocompletion.
- Choice of the number of characters to be input before autocompletion suggestions appears.
- Choice of the number of suggestions to display.
- Suggestions can be sorted: naturally (none), alphabetically, by keyword score or by keyword relevancy.
New in v2.x
- Use a standalone jquery plugin for autocompletion providing more settings, such as coloration, highlighting, caching, etc...
- Forms to autocomplete are individually configurable.
- Advanced users can add their own forms to autocomplete whatever they want! Fields to autocomplete are therefore targeted using jquery selectors.
- More types of suggestions to display are available:
- words (any word in your site)
- node titles
- comment titles (if optional module comment enabled)
- taxonomies (if optional module taxonomy enabled)
- Each type of suggestion is prefixable (to indicate your user what the suggestion stand for)
- Advanced users can define their own suggestions providing an SQL query.
New in v3.x
- The module Views can be optionnaly used to build suggestions list.
- A Views plugin allows to create suggestions from Views UI.
- Suggestions can be provided though View, internal or external URL, or as static resources.
- Multiple skins are provided for autocompletion display and users can add their own ones.
- Suggestions are translited to allow a user input "foo" to display also suggestions like "foô", "föo", ...
- The user is now redirected to the page according to his suggestion choice.
New in v4.x
- Suggestions now support multi-fields rendering : a suggestion can be made of a node title and the number of comments in the node for instance.
- Suggestions now support grouping: various suggestions node titles can be grouped together by content-type for instance.
- Suggestions now support HTML entities, thus can be complex type.
Yet to come
A previsional roadmap would be :
- allow grouping multiple views in suggestions
- turn Search Autocomplete to a hookable module to let module contributors using its functionality and add their foms and suggestions from code.